Point Park Campus News 11/14 – 11/20
- Applications for WPPJ’s General Manager Position and for The Globe’s Editor-Elect and Business Manager are due on Friday, November 18. If interested in any of these positions, applications can be found at the Student Affairs Office on the 7th Floor of the Student Center, the Campus Life Office on the 1st floor of Pioneer, or in WPPJ’s Office on the 2nd floor of Lawrence Hall or The Globes office on the 7th floor of Lawrence Hall. Applications for these positions are due in the Student Affairs office no later than noon on Friday.
- The Pittsburgh Center for Sports Media and Marketing ESPN’s Worldwide Leader in Sporst Programming and Platforms Seminar on Tuesday, November 15th. Featured panelists include Senior Vice President of Marketing Solutions for ESPN, Sean Hanrahan, and General Manager of ESPN-U, Rosalyn Durant. The seminar will be held in the Ballroom on the 3rd floor of Lawrence Hall from 1 to 2:30 p.m. Light refreshments will be served and seating is limited, to RSVP, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Legislative Body of the United Student Government has finally come to an agreement in regards to the bus subsidy. They have agreed to continue the bus pass subsidy program for next semester, but they are limiting passes to only full-time commuter undergraduate students. $14,000 will be allocated for the spring semester for the bus passes. Senators also will be continuing to look for an alternative method or deal with Port Authority to provide free or discounted bussing for the entire student body.
- Dean of Student Affairs and adviser to USG Keith Paylo has reinstated the Lawrence Hall Lobby to any Student Organized Group that wishes to use it for events. Each event will be considered for the space on a case-by-case basis. Any event that could possibly lead to damage of furniture and art will be denied usage of the Lobby.
- Due to complaints received by USG, the shuttles will now be available to Oakland until Midnight, six days a week. Complaints were filed due to people who go to the Playhouse and because the library in the University Center is open until Midnight.
- Point Park University’s Speaking Light lecture series continues this month with featured artist Filippo Tagliati. He will be discussing how his system of capturing images becomes a perception and intuition, followed by intensive post-process work. The series will continue on Friday, November 18th at 6 pm in the JVH Auditorium in Thayer Hall.
- Point Park University’s Conservatory Theatre Company presents Illyria at the Pittsburgh Playhouse from November 11th through the 20th. Illyria comes from Shakespeare’s comedy, Twelfth Night, inspiring works around the world on stage. A story of love and longing, secrets and antics, Illyria’s energetic musical score transcends Shakespeare’s play, taking the audience to a place as extraordinary as the mythic land. Shows run Thursday through Saturday at 8 pm and Saturdays and Sundays at 2 pm. Tickets range in price from $18 to $20 and students receive discounted tickets. Tickets can be purchased online at the Pittsburgh Playhouse box office at 412-392-8000 or online at www.pittsburghplayhouse.com
- Are you possibly interested in becoming a Community Facilitator or Community Mentor for next year? The Office of Campus Life is hosting a Meet and Greet with the current staff on November 16th to talk out any questions or concerns that surround the position. The event will take place in 701 of the Student Center from 4:30 until 5:30. For more information, email Natalie Taylor at email@example.com