1) Unless otherwise stated, contests/sweepstakes are open only to students, alumni, faculty, and staff of Point Park University. This includes Undergraduate, Accelerated, and Graduate students both full time and part time.
2) Students include both commuters and residents.
3) Any student who has been an active WPPJ member within at least the last semester of the current one is NOT eligible. Being an WPPJ member includes holding a Board or Executive position within the station or working under at least one of the departments: On-Air, Sports, News, Production, Music, and any other department that may become necessary to add to the organization’s structure in the future.
4) The immediate family, which includes spouses, siblings, parents and legal guardians, children and legal wards, grandparents, grandchildren, including “in-laws”, of an active WPPJ member as described is also not eligible to participate.
5) A winner may only receive ONE prize per semester and is NOT eligible to enter a contest/sweepstake until that time frame is complete.
II. How to Enter. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY.
1) Listeners will be prompted to either to call the On-Air studio at (412) 392-4723 or register for the contest /sweepstake online at WPPJRadio.com.
2) Announcements will be said on-air detailing instructions on how to enter the contest. Specific details on the contest/sweepstake rules will also be posted on the WPPJRadio.com website.
3) Some contests/sweepstakes will require listeners to actively participate in social media sites, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, and Youtube. Participants will be expected to own account for the appropriate site.
III. Contest Entries
1) Late submissions will NOT be accepted – no exceptions.
2) All contest entries will become property of WPPJ Radio. The original creator will receive credit but not ownership over the entry.
3) Entries will be critiqued by members of WPPJ Radio, – in other words, by participating in a WPPJ hosted contest you accept the fact the WPPJ staff will play the role of judges.
4) Entries cannot and will not be returned.
IV. Prize Pick-Ups
1) Prizes must be picked up within 30 days at the WPPJ studios located on the 2nd floor of Lawrence hall (office hours are subject to change – the official hours are posted on the website) after the announcement of the winner. Failure to do so will result in forfeiting the prize.
2) WPPJ is not responsible for lost, damaged, or stolen items that were originally given out as prizes. Furthermore, WPPJ holds no obligation for injury that results in the use of the product won.
3) Winners cannot receive replacement tickets to a concert that were cancelled due to the artists’ decision or bad weather.
4) Prizes must be picked up and will not be delivered. Winners will be asked to show a photo ID during the pick up.
5) Prizes are non-transferable or exchangeable and cannot be substituted.
V. Contacting WPPJ During a Contest/Sweepstake
1) WPPJ Radio will not be responsible for errors, problems or delays in the mail or telephone systems that may prevent callers or entries from reaching WPPJ Radio.
2) If caller gets disconnected for any reason before their name and phone number have been recorded, another call will be taken for the prize.
1) WPPJ Radio is not responsible to any technical failures (software, hardware, loss of network connection, etc.) that may limit a person’s ability to participate in an online contest.
VI. Other Rules
2) Any contest in which listeners are directed to “be the first caller when you hear a song” by a specific artist (or a specific song), clips of songs played as part of a promo or commercial, or as a bed, that contain music from the designated artist WILL NOT count. Only full recordings of specific songs or songs from a specific artist will qualify.
3) The odds of winning varies depending on the number of eligible entries.
4) Only ONE entry per person is allowed per contest/sweepstake, unless otherwise stated.
5) WPPJ deserves the right to cancel any promotional contest/sweepstake while the contest/sweepstake is still ongoing. WPPJ also deserves the right to disqualify any entry due to lack of eligibility.
6) The above rules are subject to change. Changes may take place without warning and will be posted on the website as soon as the change is effective.